SCENE 1 TWENTY-TWO: TAKE 1
I don’t know about you
But I’m feeling 22
Everything will be alright
If you keep me next to you
You don’t know about me
But I’ll bet you want to
Everything will be alright
If we just keep dancing like we’re
CUT CUT CUT!
(I can’t sing. Sorry, to all the Taylor Swift fans out there)
SCENE 1 TWENTY-TWO: TAKE 2
Alright, Ladies! I was at the book store the other day browsing the Christian section, as I usually do, when by fluke, I came across this book, “Twenty-Two” by Allison Trowbridge. This book is about a young woman of faith who is embarking on a journey of self-discovery and adulthood through college with the help of a mentor. I’ll link it below, so go check it out! Like right now!
I am definitely going to read this book! If some of you girls are interested in reading it too, I would love to read it together and create a book club. As for the book club, I’m thinking we could read a chapter each week starting in September. There are 22 chapters – just like the name- so it would take about 22 weeks to complete which will conclude in the new year. Please let me know in the comments, and I will make a fb group so everyone reading can keep in-touch and be updated. It would be fun to take on the journey together. I would like to give this a try. Who’s in? I am so excited to read this book!
PS: I’ve never made a fb group before, so this would be my first plus doing this is kind of stepping out of my comfort zone. Also I feel as though this book will be helpful for myself as I am 22 and attending school this fall. and maybe a few others who are going through a similar situation.
(Oddly enough, this wasn’t meant to be a blog post. I was going to post this a Facebook group which I am a member of, but after typing on and off for almost an hour and getting my words out not quite right, alternatively I turned to other sources. And now it’s become a whole separate little post on my blog. Ah, the magic of WordPress! As someone who is looking for a creative idea to express on my blog, I couln’t be happier. This is perfect. Well here it is. The next parts won’t be posted on fb though.)
SCENE 2 BACK INTO THE PAST: TAKE 1
A little backstory into my life, if I may. I am 22 years old. Turned twenty two 4ish months ago. Plus, I am going back to school this September. I feel as though God is giving me a second chance. I say second, because I have already graduated from a two-year college program in 2016. I am definitely not a freshman, but technically I am because the program I am going into is only a year long. My past college life, did not go as exactly how I imagined it would be. This is my chance to to play “17 Again” and make it right. I don’t regret going to school, I just regret my time spent, during those years. I have accomplished some things since becoming a nineteen-year-old that can I can check off my adulting list. I somewhat listed them in the order things occured.
- Developed awesome friendships (had some amazing rediculous times)
- Job (was 17 when I had my first regular job, had multiple job opportunities sometimes working 2 jobs at once, longest held position 3 years)
- Alcohol (drinking responsibly is a must for me and I recomend for everyone else)
- Visa card (developed good credit)
- Full licence (finally at 20 because I’m a slow poke)
- College and graduated (Culinary Management Diploma 2016, with 0% student dept thanks to my parents, living at home, and a good stable job)
- Mission trip (Panama 2016 forever <3, still friends with those girls)
- Savings account (need to work on better savings)
- Started blogging (this blog here and also rewritingmylovestory.wordpress.com, both still on-going projects)
- Pay rent (when not in school)
- Car (this I saved up for with help from my dad, plus did my own mini road trip in my own car)
- Travelled by myself (Lethbridg, planning my own trips are fun)
These are short term goals to be completed within the 2018-2020 years.
- Figure skating (this winter 2018, back on the ice after 10+ years)
- Work at summer camp (almost did in 2017 but it didn’t work out, decided to wait this year 2018, hopefully by next year 2019 Lord willing)
- Move out (maybe by the time I’m done school this year, but can also wait longer)
- Cello (only played in high school but would really like professional lessons, and to someday own my own instrument)
- Make YouTube videos (cooking channel yumyum)
And there are still some things I have yet to do along the road to adulthood. Hopefully before I’m 65 and retired. 😉
I have done everything, or mostly everything, my way for so long. Too long! My goals, my dreams, my life, my future. My way or the highway so take a hike! (just kidding lol). If there is one thing I regret about my time spent, it is that I haven’t used much of this time with God. On my relationship with Him. For Him. Together: It’s our relationship and so far I can’t say I’ve managed my part well.
SCENE 3 WRAP IT UP: TAKE 1
I don’t want to waste any more precious moments. While working in a room today, I overheard a conversation on the phone. The lady was recapping the latest traumatic events of her life to her friend. During the conversation she half joked, something along the lines of, “Well, I’m getting up there, you know, but I’m not dead now. I could have died then. I could die today or even tomorrow. But I’m not dead yet. That’s the thing.” One way to cope over a life-threatening issue, I’ll say! Unbeknownst to her, it made me uncomfortable. I thought little of it then, but it made a bold re-appearance into mind while writing this post.
Likewise, this song, “I loose Myself”, by One Rebpulic popped into my head right now. The chorus goes as is:
If I lose myself tonight,
It’ll be by your side.
I lose myself tonight.
If I lose myself tonight,
It’ll be you and I.
Lose myself tonight.”
Put that on repeat!
(I would say that I drifted through my faith during my college time. Maybe even sunck a few times. This time I have resurfaced and perhaps I may even walk on the water!)
Be real. Be real with God.
When your….twenty-twoooo! (I can finally sing that T-Swift song with confidence.